Saturday, July 22, 2017

Spirit Of Christ Or Antichrist? Evangelicals Rock To Hard Charismatic Music! In Pics!

God and metal: scenes from a hardcore Christian music festival 

At the beginning of July, I photographed Audiofeed, a Christian rock and metal festival in Illinois. This was a bit of a reunion for me. As a teenager growing up in the evangelical subculture, I was a huge fan of Christian hard rock and metal in the early 2000s. The music helped me feel adventurous and unique, and it was an important way for me to craft an identity. I lost track of the scene after going to college, but I never stopped enjoying the music.  Since 1984, every Christian punk’s dream was to play at a festival called Cornerstone – a weeklong bohemian campout commonly likened to a Christian Woodstock. Cornerstone went defunct in 2012, and Audiofeed is in part an attempt to reunite the Cornerstone crowd, some of whom have moved on from Christian rock or from evangelical Christianity altogether. One of this year’s headliners, David Bazan, is a vocal ex-evangelical. Guardian>>>>>>






No comments:

Post a Comment